Unreal Technical Artist Jobs
A Technical Artist requires a combination of artistic skills with technical expertise to bridge the gap between art and technology. They are responsible for integrating the code and assets in the game engines like Unreal. Unreal Engine by Epic Games is one of the most popular game engines used across the world. It is the right choice for various platforms like Mobile (Android, IOS), PC (Steam, etc…), Console (XBOX, PlayStation, Nintendo etc…). It is used not only in game development but also in Architectural Design, Film Production, Simulations etc… A Technical Artist will also create tools and workflows that help artists produce content efficiently, while ensuring that the final product meets technical requirements and runs smoothly on different platforms.
The role of Technical Artist and the job opportunities are becoming increasingly important as India’s gaming and animation industries grow further. Technical Artists work closely with game designers, animators, and programmers to develop tools and systems that make the production process more efficient and effective.
The job responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining production pipelines for games, animations, or visual effects with Unreal Engine or any other game engine.
- Creating tools and scripts that automate repetitive tasks, such as setting up environments, creating characters, or animating objects.
- Collaborating with artists to ensure that their work meets technical requirements and is optimized for performance on different platforms.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and working with programmers to implement solutions.
- Staying up-to-date with new software and technology developments, and recommending improvements to existing workflows.
A Technical Artist needs a strong foundation in both art and technology. They usually have a degrees in computer science, game development, animation, or a related field, as well as experience with programming languages such as Python or C#. They also need to have strong communication skills, as they often work as a liaison between artists and programmers.
India has many game development and animation studios that hire Technical Artists, including big companies like Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, and Rockstar Games, as well as smaller indie studios. Salaries for Technical Artists in India vary depending on experience and the company, but typically range from INR 12,00,000 to INR 40,00,000 per year.