Lead Unity Developer – FPS Shooter Game Project
- Type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Bangalore, India (Remote Not Available)
- Reports To: CTO
- Number of Openings: 1
We are looking for ambitious and driven developers who want to build a world-class shooter game. You should be comfortable with solving complex problems, taking initiative, and coming up with creative solutions.
This position will be responsible for implementing highly performant and optimized features on a new, unannounced, and super-ambitious FPS shooter game. The Lead Developer will work as part of the engineering team developing the game in Unity.
- Work on the biggest challenges of a shooter game. Hit accuracy, server authoritative gameplay, animations, memory and performance optimisations, etc.
- Write efficient code following SOLID principles.
- Work with the Project manager and designers to understand the feature and help break down the tasks for the team.
- Regularly run profiler to maintain performance and quality of code
- Participate in code reviews.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and stability of the game
- Work on live ops tools, editor tools and automation
- 10+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge of Unity game engine and history of shipping commercially successful games.
- Ability to reasonably estimate and plan tasks and features.
- Expert understanding of multithreading, async, and thread-safe code.
- Good at profiling the game and identifying the bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Follows technical best practices and guidelines and comes up with better ways of solving problems.
- Understanding of data-oriented approach and new Unity DOTS.
- Understanding of backend/networking is a plus.
Eligibility & Cultural Fit
- We are a company that is a learning organization.
- We hire people that have talent and the ability to significantly improve themselves.
- People develop skills very quickly within our organization because of honest feedback and transparency among all departments.
- Our employees get to work on an exciting new game product with autonomy.
- Before applying, please review our LILA Games | Business Values document. We take our culture incredibly seriously, and we will not accommodate a Values mismatch in our company. So please make sure your own Values are in alignment before you apply!
About Lila Games
- More information about Lila Games is here: https://linktr.ee/lilagames
- Resume: Submit your resume to email@example.com (no cover letter necessary)
- Written Test: You will receive a written test by email if selected
- Video Interviews: We will schedule a number of video interviews if selected
- Offer: If selected, we will send you a formal offer letter including compensation and other logistical details
- On-boarding: Before joining, we require some reading and a full understanding of our Values & Culture. We will send some tasks and materials to review before you sign your offer letter. We will also agree on an initial 30/60/90 day plan to begin your journey at LILA Games.
- Begin: We will ship all of your working materials including work computer, monitor, and other accessories for you to start.